iPhone 15 Pro Max won't pair with my Apple Watch Series 6

When I enter the Watch app from my new phone it says, “Good Afternoon” and gives me 2 choices. 1) Pair new watch; or, 2) Pair existing watch.

When I try to pair it, the phone says, “Unable to Connect to Apple Watch”

I try again, no result.

There is no option to unpair the watch, allowing me to re-pair

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2023 8:31 PM

My new iPhone 15 pro max won’t pair to series 2 watch but messages are there. I can’t use the watch like normal. Phone app doesn’t show a watch is paired. Can’t setup.

7 replies

Oct 19, 2023 1:54 PM in response to Btroxel

I was having the same problem with my series 6 watch, and was frustrated. I found these instructions on-line,"iPhone 15 Pro Max won't pair with my Apple Watch", and I am now paired.

Put watch on charger (needs to be 50% charged).

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. (I logged in with my computer). Open" Find My iPhone" and select "All Devices" (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch. (My watch apps were saved in iCloud).

10.0.1 update started when that was finished.

After the update was done, the phone said that pairing was complete. The watch asked you to choose between downloading watch contents from iCloud, or starting from scratch.

My phone and watch are paired.

I hope that this will help.

Oct 4, 2023 9:53 AM in response to UNC13

Here are two ways to unpair your watch without using the iPhone:

• See the 'How to erase your Apple Watch if you don't have your iPhone' section of:

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

• With a web browser, go to: https://www.iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Open Find My iPhone and select All Devices (at the top). Then click your Apple Watch, select 'Erase Apple Watch', and select Next until the device is erased. Finally click "X" next to remove your Apple Watch.

iPhone 15 Pro Max won't pair with my Apple Watch Series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.