Missing text tones 17.0.3

Still missing my purchased and custom text tones even with latest update to 17.0.3. Can someone at Apple please explain why this is still an issue? You are a software company! Will I be reimbursed for the purchased downloads? I have many clients and need specific text tones to differentiate between callers.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 11:21 AM

I sent feedback after a somewhat “rude “ tech agent screen shared with me and went through all the steps like five times, making me feel like it was my fault. It wasn’t my fault… instead of

just saying he wasn’t prepared to fix it at this time that I would need to check back for the update on 17.0.3 luckily, I only changed one text tone before I figured it out so I guess we’re all in the same boat I just waiting until the new update comes out they come out every week so hopefully it will come soon… I hope.

Next time I upgrade, I’m getting an android.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2023 11:21 AM in response to Hecubus40

I sent feedback after a somewhat “rude “ tech agent screen shared with me and went through all the steps like five times, making me feel like it was my fault. It wasn’t my fault… instead of

just saying he wasn’t prepared to fix it at this time that I would need to check back for the update on 17.0.3 luckily, I only changed one text tone before I figured it out so I guess we’re all in the same boat I just waiting until the new update comes out they come out every week so hopefully it will come soon… I hope.

Next time I upgrade, I’m getting an android.

Oct 4, 2023 12:51 PM in response to Hecubus40

The update never specified that it was addressing text tones. The questions you are asking can not be answered on here at all since it’s a user forum and not a direct link to Apple for support or the ability to provide refunds. You would need to actually contact Apple to ask about that. Oh and Apple isn’t a “software” company. They are a consumer electronics company. Yes they provide software and like any company that does so glitches and bugs happen and take time to address. This issue is a little less than 2 weeks old (can’t recall if it was occurring when iOS 17 released a few days before the 15 series but if it was then the issue is a little over 2 weeks old. Not exactly a long time even if many are impatiently expecting an instant fix). It’s not ideal but you currently do have options for assigning different tones to your clients. Just not the ones you want right now. Not much can be done about that right now. Contact Apple to ask about any refunds if they will give them.

Oct 4, 2023 1:39 PM in response to KaeBFly

its my opinion and I’m hoping someone here has a workaround. I’ve contact Apple support too and gave them my complaint. The recent update indicates they are updating bugs in addition to iPhone overheating. I thought they’d have it fixed by now. I never said Apple was software only—even you admit that they work in software. I appreciate your response to my situation, but please respect my opinion as well. Thanks!

Oct 4, 2023 1:54 PM in response to Hecubus40

You said they are a software company as if that somehow made it impossible that a fix wasn’t issued as quickly as you assume should be. That is why I said what I said. If an update doesn’t specify what all it is addressing (like where this one specifically said it addresses the heating issue and did not specify anything else other than generally say bug fixes…not ALL bug fixes or which ones) assuming it would fix tones while would have been nice it wasn’t implied. You didn’t state an opinion unfortunately. You stated the issue wasn’t fixed (which is true). You asked that someone please explain why this is still an issue (not an opinion but a question that unfortunately none of us can answer). You stated Apple is a software company with an exclamation point as if that is their sole purpose (which it is not and was not an opinion). In stating that you implied that this should have been fixed in the less than 2 week timeframe it has been (an opinion statement wasn’t made…you didn’t say you thought or believed it would have been fixed. You implied that it should have been because as you stated “You are a software company!”). At no point did I not respect your opinion. I did however point out facts based on your statements that were not made in a way to show you were speaking in opinion. You also didn’t ask if anyone had a work around (which so far based on the many threads on this issue it’s clear none of us have a work around and are all in the same waiting boat that you are in). I’m sorry if you took my statements as some sort of attack to your opinions. That wasn’t the case at all. I was just pointing out facts based on the statements you made and the situation at hand.

Missing text tones 17.0.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.