Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to resolve unauthorized charges on my Apple Account

I am continually being billed for charges not listed under my subscriptions . I have contacted Apple multiple time with no success. The only information I received is that it is with a family member. I have no members associated with my account, nor have I accepted any inventions. So i freeze my debit card to prevent these charges and now i have issues with my ability to download free apps or update. So irritating!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 8:06 AM

If recurring charges don't appear on your account when following the steps in the link below, then the only other options are either you are the Family Organizer in a Family Sharing Group, or you have shared your payment method with someone.

click here ➡️ If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

What do you see if you go to Settings ➡️ Family? Do you see even see a Family option there?

If you don't the option there, then Apple ID being used on your iPhone is not part of Family Sharing. If you do see the Family Option, then the Apple ID is part of Family Sharing.

Inside the Family option, you should be able to see whoever else is part of your Family Sharing group, and also disband the Family Sharing group.

click here ➡️ Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 8:06 AM in response to Mindy728

If recurring charges don't appear on your account when following the steps in the link below, then the only other options are either you are the Family Organizer in a Family Sharing Group, or you have shared your payment method with someone.

click here ➡️ If you see 'apple.com/bill' on your billing statement - Apple Support

What do you see if you go to Settings ➡️ Family? Do you see even see a Family option there?

If you don't the option there, then Apple ID being used on your iPhone is not part of Family Sharing. If you do see the Family Option, then the Apple ID is part of Family Sharing.

Inside the Family option, you should be able to see whoever else is part of your Family Sharing group, and also disband the Family Sharing group.

click here ➡️ Leave Family Sharing - Apple Support

How to resolve unauthorized charges on my Apple Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.