Installing the latest os for my MacBook pro 2015

I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running on the Mojave. How do I install the latest OS without having to install the previous versions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 6:56 PM

gyoo Said:

"Installing the latest os for my MacBook pro 2015: I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running on the Mojave. How do I install the latest OS without having to install the previous versions?"

-------

Upgrading the macOS:

Perform an update, and the latest-compatible macOS will install, with all previous versions being skipped. So, here is how to determine what to install.

In depth...

Installing the macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 6:56 PM in response to gyoo

gyoo Said:

"Installing the latest os for my MacBook pro 2015: I have a 2015 MacBook Pro running on the Mojave. How do I install the latest OS without having to install the previous versions?"

-------

Upgrading the macOS:

Perform an update, and the latest-compatible macOS will install, with all previous versions being skipped. So, here is how to determine what to install.

In depth...

Installing the macOS:

Determining which Update(s) will Install:

I. Verify Compatibility:

A. Start Here: Learn About Compatibility and how to Identify your Specific Mac Model - Apple Support

B. How to Verify:

Reveal your Model:

What is the Model of your Mac? To find out...

1. Go to: Apple menu
  2. Click: About this Mac
  3. View: Second Line-Down

then...

II. Compare the Results:

See if the Model you found is shown here:

III. If Compatible:

Back Up your Mac First:  Be certain you Create a Time Machine Backup of your Mac, so that way you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reconfiguration.

Installing the latest os for my MacBook pro 2015

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.