i gave my old iPad to my friend, who then factory reset the device to start it new, although he was again stuck with the locked to owner page, so i used the credentials i remember setting to try logging in for him but it only told me that it is still

i gave my old iPad to my friend, who then factory reset the device to start it new, although he was again stuck with the locked to owner page, so i used the credentials i remember setting to try logging in for him but it only told me that it is still

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2023 10:44 PM

As a previous owner you can remove the Activation Lock for the iPad by logging into your iCloud Account and removing the iPad Pro from the list of your registered devices.

Have a look at the steps in this article:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

In case this dose not work and you have proof of ownership, you can ask the official Apple Support to unlock the iPad for you:

Additional Support - Activation Lock

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2023 10:44 PM in response to sigurd-volsung81

As a previous owner you can remove the Activation Lock for the iPad by logging into your iCloud Account and removing the iPad Pro from the list of your registered devices.

Have a look at the steps in this article:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

In case this dose not work and you have proof of ownership, you can ask the official Apple Support to unlock the iPad for you:

Additional Support - Activation Lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.