Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

show company name on incoming call

Hi,

is possible to show company name, or other contact informations on incoming call screen?

Thanks, Peter

Macbook Pro 13 (Win7), iPhone 4 32GB (iOS4)

Posted on Aug 21, 2010 7:33 AM

28 replies

Aug 21, 2010 1:34 PM in response to swenak

create new contact....enter company name where it's supposed to be....enter phone number....save contact.....edit contact and enter any other data you want such as a contact person.....save contact. when you get a call from that number, it'll display as the company name and not the person listed. is this what you were asking about?

Dec 12, 2010 10:01 AM in response to harv55

harv55 wrote:
The only thing I can think to do in this scenario, which I have done for my company main number, is to make the company name the contact name. i.e. First Name is blank and last name is "Company".

FYI, if you do go this route, there is a specific field with the exact purpose of holding a company name so you don't have to repurpose the last name field. It is below the first 2 name fields.

Be advised, as others have mentioned, this will only appear if the name fields are left blank.

-SM

Mar 6, 2011 2:03 PM in response to swenak

I have over 12,000 contacts in my phone (96% of them are for business) This subject is a major pain, I usually let the call go to voice mail when I don't know where "John Smith" is calling from. I can't believe Apple hasn't fixed this issue, and don't get me started about needing to open a contact to see the company name as well.

There is a few apps that adds the later function but not both... Hey Apple do us loyal uses a favor and stop dropping the ball with the software issues.

Unless the phone wasn't meant for business use, then they are on the right track.

Apr 4, 2011 10:47 AM in response to Stop the madness

Totally Agree with you, I think that this kind of details are very important to use the Iphone like a business tool.

I have phoned to apple support and they say that I must change one by one all the contacts to put the company name in the surname to be able to know who is calling me...

it will be very easy to put in the contacts settings the possibility to show the contacts like "Name,Surname,Company" and this will be the most easy solution for this problem.

Apr 10, 2011 4:32 AM in response to swenak

hello,
i have half the same problem but to make the calls i have sice i bought my phone ABContacts wich is a very good contact manager i think the best in app store since i tried a few.
but to receive phone calls i have the same problem and the only solution i see is jb, wich i would rather not do.
apple should consider this a problem to solve since is a basic thing for a phone to do.

May 10, 2011 2:17 PM in response to swenak

Got the same issue, on occasion l simply leave calls go to answer phone rather than run the risk of answering a call when only the name shows up!! I too have started adding images to identify the company name, this however is very time consuming. Can't apple simply add this during one of their many 'useless' updates.

I have recently added contactsABC which is a much nicer display for viewing contacts as its shows name, company info, and role on 2 lines, rather than viewing the contact.

Must say the Blackberry contacts book was much better than the iPhone

show company name on incoming call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.