Screen extending with iPad

How do you extend (not mirror) your iPad screen onto another monitor? I can’t seem to do this on my iPad Pro; it only mirrors. When using a different iPad Pro it will work! I am using an Anker docking port for power, mouse, and external monitor. Thanks!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 9:44 AM

Due to limitations of internal hardware, the Stage Manager feature introduced with iPadOS 16.1 - that provides an extended desktop - is only available for these models of iPad:

• iPad Air (5th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

Feature availability is usually limited by system hardware - CPU and available RAM being critical to some advanced functionality.

iPad models supporting Stage Manager have an M2, M1 or A12X CPU (upon which the M-series CPUs are reportedly based) - with at least 8GB RAM. The iPad Air4 has only 4GB RAM.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 9:44 AM in response to Antivnn

Due to limitations of internal hardware, the Stage Manager feature introduced with iPadOS 16.1 - that provides an extended desktop - is only available for these models of iPad:

• iPad Air (5th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch (all generations)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation and later)

Feature availability is usually limited by system hardware - CPU and available RAM being critical to some advanced functionality.

iPad models supporting Stage Manager have an M2, M1 or A12X CPU (upon which the M-series CPUs are reportedly based) - with at least 8GB RAM. The iPad Air4 has only 4GB RAM.

Screen extending with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.