Not receiving text messages from my daughter

My daughter is 11 years old and I recently purchased an iPhone 12 for her. She is on my family sharing which I control her screen time and her subscriptions. when I text her from my iPhone to her, it's in blue. She also showed me her text messages that she sent me but I never received it. What's the problem? I can't seem to solve it.

Help!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 8:50 PM

naniofa Said:

"Not receiving text messages from my daughter: [...]She also showed me her text messages that she sent me but I never received it. What's the problem? I can't seem to solve it. Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting Messages:

A. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

B. See what is on these links:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2023 8:50 PM in response to naniofa

naniofa Said:

"Not receiving text messages from my daughter: [...]She also showed me her text messages that she sent me but I never received it. What's the problem? I can't seem to solve it. Help!"

-------

Troubleshooting Messages:

A. Whom to Contact:

Contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provide you with the service of Messaging.

B. See what is on these links:

Oct 5, 2023 11:25 PM in response to naniofa

iMessages (the ones that show up in blue bubbles) go over the Internet. To send and receive those successfully, both phones need to be connected to the Internet in some fashion. Otherwise sends time out, the phone puts up the "Not delivered" indication, and you get the option to resend the message as a SMS/MMS message.

SMS messages go over the cellular phone system and require a cellular connection, and a plan that includes text messaging. MMS messages are the same, except that they also require cellular data.

I believe that under some circumstances, the initial setup of iMessages may involve sending SMS ones.

Not receiving text messages from my daughter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.