Why is Siri Set Up being FORECD on me

Following each update of Apple, I setup my iPhone with all the features I want excluding Siri. I have zero interest in using Siri otherwise I would not have skipped that step. My phone constantly tells me I have an update which I do not, it is simply Apple forcing Siri on me. I do not want Siri on any of my products, I do not use Siri on any of my products nor do I trust Siri. My question: Why is Apple so insistent on users to Set Up Siri as part of the “Finish Setting Up Your iPhone” in Settings? Why is there not an option to dismiss this and make it go away? Why is Apple so determined for me to have Siri enabled on my devices? Apple is so big on advertising privacy yet it is known Siri records and maintains a record of everything when used. Why the contradiction and intrusion? Why not allow me to dismiss Siri and its notifications to set up? Why?!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 4:28 PM

So set up Siri, then shut it off.

If you want to submit feedback, Apple isn’t here. Send it directly: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply

Why is Siri Set Up being FORECD on me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.