iPhone 15 Pro needs an eSIM

I’m trying to set up my oh one 15 Pro. Somehow, there is no eSIM and I can’t transfer the phone number.

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 1:28 PM

Hello Nissan Girl,

Depending on where you purchased your iPhone, that behavior may be expected based on the details below:

iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max use eSIM technology and are not compatible with physical SIM cards.

You can also find that information in this resource: iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max - Technical Specifications - Apple

For difficulties with setting up an eSIM, you'll want to follow the recommendations from this resource: If you can't set up an eSIM on your iPhone - Apple Support

Should that still persist, you'll want to contact your carrier. They'll be in the best position to help further with activating your iPhone with their particular cellular network.

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 1:28 PM in response to Nissan Girl

Hello Nissan Girl,

Depending on where you purchased your iPhone, that behavior may be expected based on the details below:

iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max use eSIM technology and are not compatible with physical SIM cards.

You can also find that information in this resource: iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max - Technical Specifications - Apple

For difficulties with setting up an eSIM, you'll want to follow the recommendations from this resource: If you can't set up an eSIM on your iPhone - Apple Support

Should that still persist, you'll want to contact your carrier. They'll be in the best position to help further with activating your iPhone with their particular cellular network.

Take care.

iPhone 15 Pro needs an eSIM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.