Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Clicking Suspicious Links

I accidentally clicked a link on my iPhone (SE 2020, iOS 16.6) when I was tired. Safari gave me the ‘this website may be impersonating the site you wish to access to steal your personal or financial information’ warning but the URL displayed was still the one I unintentionally clicked. I then returned to the page I was on without doing/clicking anything.

Did Safari actually block this site? I read that even if you end up on a malicious page, nothing can happen to an iPhone unless you click/download/permit something or type details, is this still true? As far as I know iOS doesn’t allow scans so is there anything else I should do now or look out for?

Thanks.

iPhone SE

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 3:25 PM

When Safari warns you about visiting a potentially fraudulent site, the website is not loaded at all.

If you returned to the page you came from, your device never connected to the site you were warned about.

Similar questions

1 reply

Clicking Suspicious Links

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.