Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Was redirected to a webpage saying malware detected on my IPhone.

I was ironically reading up on “how to know if your iPhone is hacked” and found a site on top of the google results. I was on it only a few seconds when it redirected to a different site where I read “malware detected on your iPhone” in a bottom banner. I then got an alert banner on from my Norton Security App saying this site could be unsafe. I panicked and just hit the back arrow twice to get back to the google results page. It wasn’t until later I learned I should close the app, clear search date and history, and restart the phone. I have since done all of that. I am concerned because I read an article within the last year stating that there were instances in which simply visiting a corrupted webpage could attach malware to even an iPhone.

I am using the latest iOS 13.4.1 on a 6s

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 7, 2020 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2020 2:33 AM

All such messages are scams. Close the offending page, and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Was redirected to a webpage saying malware detected on my IPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.