I just purchased a Macbook Pro and discovered it is Activation locked! I need helpit is Activation locked. I need help

I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 6, 2023 11:55 PM

Qwerty158 Said:

"I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without being able to log in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

B. Learn from this:

If getting into this is of no option, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always be allowed to log into a device, prior to purchasing it. If the seller decide to disabide by these rules you've set forth.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 6, 2023 11:55 PM in response to Qwerty158

Qwerty158 Said:

"I purchased a Macbook Pro from a person that got the device from a business sale. The business no longer exists according to the seller. I want to make the laptop usable again. Help please"

-------

Getting Into a Locked Device:

A. Return this:

It seems you have been scammed, though a full-assumption, on my part. You must contact the seller, requesting a return. Without being able to log in to it, nothing can be done on your end. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your Mac - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

B. Learn from this:

If getting into this is of no option, then take this as a learning experience, knowing to always be allowed to log into a device, prior to purchasing it. If the seller decide to disabide by these rules you've set forth.

I just purchased a Macbook Pro and discovered it is Activation locked! I need helpit is Activation locked. I need help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.