Control Center lag on iPhone 13 (iOS 17)

Hello, after iOS 17 update I got a lag when I swipe down the Control Center on iPhone 13.

Even after the 17.0.3 I have the same issue.

The lag happens very often, especially when I am in some apps like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram.

Does anyone have the same issue? Thanks!

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2024 9:11 AM

On 17.3 it’s not fixed

39 replies

Jan 3, 2024 10:45 PM in response to cristianfrunza

This is also happening with my iPhone 13. I find that it’s after your location, microphone, or camera have been used and the bubble pops up at the top of the control center like usual, but when you come back later and the bubble is gone due to it not being used, the control center come down too far and then when you swipe back up, it’s stuck farther down than it’s supposed to be. Please fix this issue. I have had it since iOS 17 has released and I am running the current iOS 17.2.1

Jan 9, 2024 4:37 AM in response to cristianfrunza

At the moment I am using 17.2.1 on iphone 13, the lag of the control center occurs when you open it at the moment of automatic brightness change of the display, the only solution to this problem will be to turn off the auto brightness.

17.3 maybe fix it, because as I know this update will be aimed at improving animations and system performance

Oct 7, 2023 12:40 AM in response to cristianfrunza

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If the above does not work then - the best best is to update your iPhone again when the next update is released.

Axel F.

Feb 17, 2024 5:12 AM in response to cristianfrunza

I think this bug only occurs on the iphone 13 non-pro model, because I have not noticed that people with other phone models have encountered this, but this is not accurate.

I suggest that all those who have encountered this problem and stumbled upon this topic write a review for Apple

It still hasn't been fixed on 17.3.1 and I doubt it will be fixed in 17.4

Control Center lag on iPhone 13 (iOS 17)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.