Mac recovery mode on mac os monterey shows mac os X recovery mode

So today i wanted to go into the recovery mode on my mac os monterey and i saw that it showed an older version of recovery mode it said that i can reinstall mac os X but normally it said that i can reinstall mac os monterey and most commands dont exist in the old recovery mode normally it would have the newer reecovery mode why did it suddenly change? i want to ask if theres a way to put it back into the new recovery mode

Mac mini

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:54 AM

Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 8:54 AM in response to Peter1235d

Start up from macOS Recovery

To start up from macOS Recovery, turn on your Mac and immediately press and hold one of the following combinations on your keyboard. Command-R is generally recommended, especially if you never installed macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or later… How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Command (⌘)-R

Install the latest macOS that was installed on your Mac.

Option-⌘-R

Upgrade to the latest macOS compatible with your Mac.

Shift-Option-⌘-R

Install the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available.

Mac recovery mode on mac os monterey shows mac os X recovery mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.