How do I input a CSV of Contacts into iCloud

I exported Contacts from Outlook to CSV format when changing jobs.

Now I am trying to import those 6,000 contacts into my Contacts in iCloud

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:11 AM

icloud.com only supports importing contacts from a vCard file (.vcf). Try exporting your contacts from Outlook as a vCard.

You can learn more here: Import, export, or print contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you own a Mac, the following support article can help you import contacts to the Contacts app from a CSV file, which you can then sync to iCloud: Import contacts into Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 10:11 AM in response to DavidA-Savannah

icloud.com only supports importing contacts from a vCard file (.vcf). Try exporting your contacts from Outlook as a vCard.

You can learn more here: Import, export, or print contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If you own a Mac, the following support article can help you import contacts to the Contacts app from a CSV file, which you can then sync to iCloud: Import contacts into Contacts on Mac - Apple Support

Oct 8, 2023 1:07 AM in response to DavidA-Savannah

You have the option to transform your CSV contact list into VCF format, which is compatible with iCloud. I've come across a recommended converter tool with a manual that can assist you in this process that How to upload contacts to iCloud. Once you've successfully converted your contacts to VCF, you can proceed to upload them to your iCloud account.

Also check: Import, export, or print contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

How do I input a CSV of Contacts into iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.