What do I do with an unauthorized MDM on iPhone?

I have been dealing with a lot of issues inside my home and within my network. I am not very knowledgeable about MDM/MAM services but I do know that things that have taken place do lead to one of those being used. I have a lot of questions with the main one being…what does someone do if they have been put on a MDM/MAM without giving a consent to do so?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2024 10:51 AM

That was while not logged into the forums, as indicated by that blue elliptic "Sign In" control in the upper right of that image.

If a login around here timed out as happens, posting a reply already in progress is a bit of a hassle.

One workaround for the bug involves cutting or copying the text from the in-progress reply, cancelling the reply, reload the page, and re-paste the reply.

Things here are working somewhat better, but the sign-out-time-out has been broken for a while, and has beeb reported to Apple.

Similar questions

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2024 10:51 AM in response to Inrecoverymode

That was while not logged into the forums, as indicated by that blue elliptic "Sign In" control in the upper right of that image.

If a login around here timed out as happens, posting a reply already in progress is a bit of a hassle.

One workaround for the bug involves cutting or copying the text from the in-progress reply, cancelling the reply, reload the page, and re-paste the reply.

Things here are working somewhat better, but the sign-out-time-out has been broken for a while, and has beeb reported to Apple.

Mar 10, 2024 6:49 PM in response to Inrecoverymode

Inrecoverymode wrote:

I discovered unauthorized MDM on my iPhone and contacted support but now whoever had hacked my wifi and then device, knew Inwas onto them and removed me. However I still have indications my device is somehow being managed.
now when I request a call from support, the call never rings through and I get an email “we tried to contact you”. No history of the call. Just an email. Now when I call support we get disconnected; constantly. I think I’m using an unauthorized hidden VPN. The guy has paid a lot to mess with my Apple accounts for 3 years. Anyone?

[Edited by Moderator]

Nothing posted indicates an MDM profile was loaded either by the carrier, or loaded from some other source.

Two of those screenshots are Android, not iPhone.

Two of those are services that most folks don’t have access to. Not unless they’re affiliated with a school or organization.

As for that mail error, looks like either a corruption, or maybe the mail server has changed their connection requirements. Remoce and re-add the account, and try again.

Issues ongoing for three years are unlikely to get resolved around here. You’ve undoubtedly already gotten what security advice and suggestions that are reasonably available, and have considered and have implemented all that as appropriate for your particular situation.

Specialized advice tailored to your particular personal and security situation, and direct forensic assistance of your devices just aren’t feasible via forum postings.

And the sorts of exploits you’re effectively claiming are involved here are immensely expensive and targeted, based on available information.

Mar 11, 2024 10:01 AM in response to Inrecoverymode

Inrecoverymode wrote:

The suspect has 2 businesses...

That this has involved ten phones and nearly four years means that whatever is happening here will not get resolved by an eleventh or twelfth replacement phone, or by another USPS mail return, or by posting more screenshots from an iPhone showing no issues.

You are going to have to either learn how to identify and collect forensic evidence yourself, or pay somebody for forensics and provide them with access to an exploited device. That won't be easy to learn or cheap to pay for, and is not certain to find any evidence.

Whether it's cheaper than buying a phone every three or four months?

Mar 10, 2024 6:22 PM in response to SashaSun1981

I discovered unauthorized MDM on my iPhone and contacted support but now whoever had hacked my wifi and then device, knew Inwas onto them and removed me. However I still have indications my device is somehow being managed.

now when I request a call from support, the call never rings through and I get an email “we tried to contact you”. No history of the call. Just an email. Now when I call support we get disconnected; constantly. I think I’m using an unauthorized hidden VPN. The guy has paid a lot to mess with my Apple accounts for 3 years. Anyone?

[Edited by Moderator]

Mar 11, 2024 9:23 AM in response to MrHoffman

You are correct. Exhausted and researched by myself and IT company. It happens to all my devices, printers, android included.

So basically I will never have online security :(. It’s someone who knows my info family info and is very malicious; I just can’t get enough evidence to prove it.

Android , apple 5 carriers. Emails taken; MAC Windows.

Impersonation on a grand scale. Can’t even keep a social media account and get the real webpage. Hx of “you are viewing a preloaded article” when searching for information.

Mar 11, 2024 9:37 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Well after my 10th phone , of android and apple..in 3 years,I switched again from android to apple because I was finding a lot of open source means a lot less security. Roger’s Canada. It was refurbished and fine for about 3 weeks then started up with having paid apps installed that I never installed nor paid for. Apple TV being one. Windows 360 with Microsoft workplace. Unidentifiable devices listed as wifi options.

Ive even just used data and no Bluetooth or wifi and the phones or tablets; iPad and Amazon fire, Google chrome book, windows 11 laptop, 3 printers even were showing as installed on my larger devices that I didn’t own. Gaming accounts with profiles already made with my email at the time. I’ve had about 8 emails now. Always new phone numbers Sims, 2FA, it’s like I’m using our only have access to half the said devices features or the settings to enable or disable are greyed out.

Android shot is to show doesn’t matter what type of phone. It’s from last year. keep moving the files via thumb drive or send in messages to self as my files and pics get deleted. Especially ones like the android shot, ones showing something is wrong; intention for authorities but they called me delusional. Didn’t investigate. Left me to deal alone all this time. My Government accounts and Social insurance number now have been compromised and being impersonated in real life. Not taking my money. Just messing with my accounts to make life really hard to participate , as a citizen.

Mar 11, 2024 9:42 AM in response to MrHoffman

The suspect has 2 businesses. Had friends from University heavily into program development, coding, as their passions. My letter mail from a government agency here has even been rerouted back returned to sender, I got no such letter and the information was all correct on their end after they called asking why it was returned. It’s a lot. It’s my whole life now cause It’s been allowed to go on from ground zero ;4 years in May.

What do I do with an unauthorized MDM on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.