Transferring data from iPhone 8plus to iPhone 15 pro

What is the best method to insure all my old texts and contacts are transferred from my iPhone 8 Plus to my new iPhone 15 pro. If I use QuickStart will my texts automatically transfer? Or would I be better off using iCloud back-up method? Thanks much.

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 4:15 PM

Do you use iCloud for your iPhone backups? If YES, then you can use that method to restore your new iPhone from. QuickStart also works well and would recommend that you try that first. Yes, your texts will transfer over. If QuickStart method does not work, for any reason, then you can always go back and use the restore from iCloud backup method.

——-

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this 👉 How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this 👉 Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that 👉  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 4:15 PM in response to PMW727

Do you use iCloud for your iPhone backups? If YES, then you can use that method to restore your new iPhone from. QuickStart also works well and would recommend that you try that first. Yes, your texts will transfer over. If QuickStart method does not work, for any reason, then you can always go back and use the restore from iCloud backup method.

——-

Transfer Data from old iPhone to new-

Do you have a backup created either on iCloud or on your computer?

Method 1 - Backup your old iPhone on your computer like this 👉 How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and then Restore your new iPhone from that backup like this 👉 Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Method 2 - The Quick Start method and here is how to do that 👉  Use Quick Start to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Axel F.

Oct 7, 2023 5:46 PM in response to PMW727

You can still use QuickStart between the two iPhones. If there is going to be an issue then your iPhone will notify you of it. As mentioned earlier, you can then just move to restoring from iCloud.

NOTE: The data will remain on the old iPhone even if the transfer is incomplete or has been completed. You will not lose the data on your old iPhone.

Axel F.

Transferring data from iPhone 8plus to iPhone 15 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.