New iPhone 15 pro is NOT updating software, and failing setting up!

I got a new iPhone 15 pro and want to transfer 200GB data from my old iPhone 13pro, but when I start setting it up it doesn’t transfer the data! After choosing transferring data from another phone, my old phone says it’s done! Enjoy your new iPhone! While the new iPhone says waiting for the other device!

I tried updating software on both. My old iPhone is updated, but the new iPhone keeps getting frozen on the updating the software page!

Please help! What should I do? I have to return my old phone since I traded it, and don’t have that much time

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 3:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 5:37 PM

Stop the update on the new Pine and set it up as a "new" iPhone, i.e. without doing the transfer from the old one. Update iOS on the new iPhone, erase the new iPhone and set it up again, this time by transferring the data.

3 replies

Oct 7, 2023 7:36 PM in response to Khorvash

Khorvash Said:

"New iPhone 15 pro is NOT updating software, and failing setting up!: [...]I tried updating software on both. My old iPhone is updated, but the new iPhone keeps getting frozen on the updating the software page! [...]"

-------

Troubleshooting an iPhone in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone is stuck in a Boot Loop. This can occur when updating, and it stalled while in the process.  So, use MY User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

New iPhone 15 pro is NOT updating software, and failing setting up!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.