Notes recover urgent

All notes have been automatically deleted from my mobile, I want all the notes back, icloud is not telling me even in the backup. How do I get all my notes back? i have iphone 15 ios 17.1.3

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2023 8:51 PM

jeet200 Said:

"Notes recover urgent: All notes have been automatically deleted from my mobile, I want all the notes back, icloud is not telling me even in the backup. How do I get all my notes back? i have iphone 15 ios 17.1.3"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

B. Restore from a Backup:

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iCloud.

You Can't: Notes are not stored in iCloud.

• Go Here: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support
  • As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 7, 2023 8:51 PM in response to jeet200

jeet200 Said:

"Notes recover urgent: All notes have been automatically deleted from my mobile, I want all the notes back, icloud is not telling me even in the backup. How do I get all my notes back? i have iphone 15 ios 17.1.3"

-------

Recovering Lost Notes:

If you have lost the Notes, then here is what to try...

A. Start Here: If you're Missing Notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Did your ever back up your iPhone with these installed? If so, back up you could back up your iPhone, and then restore it from the backup. Note that the iOS backup version must be of the same version as what is installed.

C. Getting Notes from iCloud.

• As it Reads: "your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups only include information and settings stored on your device. They do not include information already stored in iCloud such as Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Notes,"

Oct 17, 2023 3:55 PM in response to elll_aj

elll_aj Said:

I meant that the icloud subscription fixed the storage, which would then fix the problems i had with my notes because i thought they disappeared because of a storage issue. Fixing my storage didnt fix my notes though.

———-

Read this: What does iCloud Back Up? - Apple Support

iCloud Storage has no affect on your internal storage. Upgrading to an iCloud Stage Plan allows you to back up only certain types of file types(IOW: iCloud doesn’t back up everything).

iCloud would not delete things from your device on its own. The only way an item can be removed by iCloud is if iCloud Drive is enabled on the device’s settings, and you browse through it yourself.

So, as for where these all went, they are somewhere. You just wouldn’t be able to find them in iCloud, unless they were on a computer or some other device that has these Notes files on it, and you browsed through it using iCloud Drive.

Oct 17, 2023 11:25 AM in response to elll_aj

elll_aj Said:

[…]was just a TEMPORARY product of my phone trying to make some extra space, however i fixed my storage issue yesterday by upgrading my icloud subscribtion but it still didnt bring back the notes though?[…]

———-

Getting Notes from iCloud.

Oct 17, 2023 11:29 AM in response to antonietta114

[…]were not backed up since I don't have an iCloud subscription. I had some really important notes saved, I need to recover them and I do not know how. I need to recover them and I do not know how[…]

———-

Recovering Lost Notes:

Recovering Notes from iCloud is just not an option. So, blow that off. Look on some of your other devices for these. Maybe you transferred them?

So, what to try...

Oct 17, 2023 6:25 AM in response to TheLittles

Hi. I have the same problem, but I think it was due to my storage being full. My iPhone deliberately deleted all my notes, which were not backed up since I don't have an iCloud subscription. I had some really important notes saved, I need to recover them and I do not know how. There is no "recently deleted" folder either, they simply, suddenly disappeared. Please help me out.

Oct 17, 2023 10:44 AM in response to antonietta114

This exact thing happened to me a couple days ago aswell. At first all my notes disappeared and when i checked a couple hours later only some of them were gone. Specifically the ones i made on my new phone, the ones i created on my previous phone were still there. My storage had been full for a while and i figured it was just a TEMPORARY product of my phone trying to make some extra space, however i fixed my storage issue yesterday by upgrading my icloud subscribtion but it still didnt bring back the notes though? I keep refreshing to see if they came back, theres nothing in the recently deleted folder, theres noting in the "on my phone" folder, there arent any other folders they could possibly be in, i checked my icloud account on my PC and theyre not uploaded there either and lastly i checked my other devices but theres still no trace of them. Did apple seriously just permanently get rid of our notes?

Nov 22, 2023 2:42 PM in response to antonietta114

I also have had the exact same problem for the last few days. My phone was reporting storage incorrectly and not letting me update the OS (saying I needed at least 500 MB even though I had 5 GB). I eventually deleted some files and got the OS installed but only some of my notes were there afterwards. Everything was checked and turned on but some of my notes weren’t there.

After only finding the same useless advice of ‘restart your phone, did you delete the app, check your deleted folder’ etc., I’ve just stumbled across a solution! In the notes app, I searched for the title of a note that had gone missing. To my surprise it found it! I tapped to open it, the app crashed and then when I reopened the app all of my notes were suddenly back (15 notes suddenly became 37!). Think it’s gotta be related to the storage issue and mapping the files or something. Anyway, hope this very simple action might help someone else :)

Notes recover urgent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.