Displaying heart rate on watch while swimming

I was wondering if it was possible to have my current heart rate displayed on my watch screen as I am doing a swim workout. when i run i am able to see my current heart rate and i was hoping i could do the same when i swim. (i have an apple watch se 2022).

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 9

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 9:09 AM

You can! The data that appears on screen during a workout is able to be edited on the watch itself. Open workouts, and find the Swimming workout. Tap the button with the three dots, and then scroll all the way to the bottom and tap "Preferences," then tap "Swimming Workout Views."

This will allow you to customize what data is displayed during that workout. You can even have multiple workout screens that you can scroll through during a workout if you want even more information. Each workout type can be edited in this way, and it saves your preferences for the next workout.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2023 9:09 AM in response to elialarochee

You can! The data that appears on screen during a workout is able to be edited on the watch itself. Open workouts, and find the Swimming workout. Tap the button with the three dots, and then scroll all the way to the bottom and tap "Preferences," then tap "Swimming Workout Views."

This will allow you to customize what data is displayed during that workout. You can even have multiple workout screens that you can scroll through during a workout if you want even more information. Each workout type can be edited in this way, and it saves your preferences for the next workout.

Displaying heart rate on watch while swimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.