📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV - Edit Home Screen Error

After our Apple TV was updated the “Edit Home Screen” option appears every time we select something.

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 8:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 9:08 PM

This answer is not helpful, I don’t want to change or edit my screen, I just want to watch my apps!! Why won’t they just play? Why does it keep going to edit screen

6 replies

Nov 18, 2023 5:40 PM in response to Edit88

What? When you are on the home screen a short press selects the app you are on and a slightly longer press brings up the edit home screen options. Same as it's always been albeit seems more sensitive now to the duration of the press. We only noticed the edit home screen issue on our systems with universal remote controls, which were fixable with an update to the programming to accommodate the new Select button behavior.

Oct 9, 2023 5:24 PM in response to Trumark

Hello Trumark,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Is this happening when you select the clicked center as outlined here:

"Rearrange Apps

1. Navigate to an app, press and hold the clickpad center (Siri Remote 2nd generation or later) or touch surface (Siri Remote 1st generation), then select Edit Home Screen.
  2. Drag the app to a new location on the Home Screen.
  3. Tip: Move your favorite apps to the top row of the Home Screen; when you highlight a top-row app, content shortcuts appear at the top of the screen.
  4. To save the new arrangement, press the clickpad center (Siri Remote 2nd generation or later) or touch surface (Siri Remote 1st generation)."

Additional details can be found here: Customize the Apple TV Home Screen

Can you provide a few more details? Which tvOS version do you urgently have? Also, which Apple TV do you currently using?

Cheers!

Oct 18, 2023 4:26 AM in response to Atsiegel

It may be that you are pressing down too long (according to the system software). Clicking as press-down-and-immediately-release should not invoke the Edit option. It may be that the time to register as click-and-hold is a bit shorter now (tvOS 17.0). If you think that time is too short now, then you may give feedback to Apple about that. That is the best way to reach the developers. Feedback - Apple TV - Apple.

Apple TV - Edit Home Screen Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.