How do I download all purchased music at once in sonoma

all my music was deleted from my library when I updated to Sonoma then it said I had to reauthorize this computer! To make matters worse no matter what I did short of deauthorizing all my computers before I could even download one the song... not so seamless apple!

but to go to each purchase and have to redownload each one is beyond annoying, what began as a convenience has become a big pain in the A-- any suggestions beyond dumping Apple music altogether

I bought the right to use the songs not to only. have them play on Apple Music.

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Oct 8, 2023 11:17 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Oct 9, 2023 1:45 AM in response to pbtk

Response to: pbtk … Redownload Apple Music 🎵

Redownload music from the iTunes Store in the Apple Music app on your Mac

Before you can redownload music that you purchased from the iTunes Store, you need to authorize your Mac using your Apple ID.

1. Open the Apple Music app.
  2. From the menu bar at the top of your screen, choose Account > Purchased. If you use Family Sharing, you'll see Family Purchases instead of Purchased.
  3. Find the music that you want to redownload. If you use Family Sharing, choose a family member next to Purchased to see their purchases.
  4. Click the download button  next to a song or album.

FYI : think of it as " renting " the songs … if you cancel your Apple Music subscription , the songs will disappear from your music library .

Oct 9, 2023 2:46 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

thanks for taking the time to answer

I've never had an Apple Music subscription all of my purchased albums were paid for as a digital copy not downloaded from a subscription streaming service Itunes of Old seems to have been replaced by the Apple Music app. the problem came when I had my pre-iTunes digital files which seem to be on Ventura and Monterey disappeared when I updated to Sonoma. I have been a hardcore Mac user since the late 1990s and buying and running an M2 Mac studio has been the worst experience I have ever had using Apple products( compared to my old Intel Mac Pro 5,1, Mac Air,iPad iMacs or even iPhones since the original )

Oct 9, 2023 2:55 AM in response to pbtk

To : pbtk

I hear you my friend , I've been using iTunes since 2007 . I don't use the subscription to the Apple Music app because my iTunes library on my Mac is exactly as I edited it to be ~ not so exact on my iPad & iPhone . My music will remain whether I use it or not .

My only complaint is that you have to pay for a subscription to sync them now … used to sync without a subscription , now I have to do it manually and it's not going well .

Remember > when you stop paying for the subscription , your music stops too , with iTunes , the music is there to stay .

🎸 🎹 🥁 🎺

Oct 9, 2023 3:11 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Yes, thank you. been doing it for more than 20 years without much problem until Sonoma

now I am trying to restore my files from my backup, up is there a better way, than dragging them to iTunes?

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost my Hirez music seems to be converting everything down to 16-bit. is it better to play it from its location rather than import it through iTunes/music app.?

Oct 9, 2023 7:51 PM in response to SteelCityAnne

I would not use my example as a reason for not upgrading, unless you have been using Post OSX software, especially on Intel machines. my iTunes archive was created over 20 years ago, over many computers and drives.

I was able to finally download my purchased archive and re-establish most of my music still my HI-REZ digital music was converted to low Rez on iTunes my mistake forgetting to use Apple Lossless when importing. the original files I think are still OK (I hope), not a priority at the moment.

good luck.

How do I download all purchased music at once in sonoma

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.