my phone needs to be restored i have gone through the steps but it won't restart

i have gone through the restore steps and when it is ready the phone goes back to recovery mode

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 11:12 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2023 10:26 AM in response to nixon241

Hey nixon241,

Have you tried restoring the device using a computer or only through the iPhone Settings page? If you haven't yet, try it again with a computer this time.

The article you shared with us has the exact steps to perform this using a computer: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your device to factory settings

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes. Find out which macOS your Mac is using.
2. Connect your device to your computer.
3. If a message asks for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps. Get help if you forgot your passcode.
4. Select your device when it appears on your computer. Learn what to do if your iPhoneiPad, or iPod touch is unresponsive or won't turn on. Or get help if your device doesn't appear on your computer.
5. Click Restore [device]*. If you're signed into Find My, you need to sign out before you can click Restore.
A Finder window showing the option to restore your iPhone
6. Click Restore again to confirm. Your computer erases your device and installs the latest iOS, iPadOS, or iPod software.
A Finder window showing Restore as the selected option
7. After your device restores to factory settings, it restarts. Now you can set it up as new.

We hope this helps!

Best regards.

my phone needs to be restored i have gone through the steps but it won't restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.