Health app not syncing between iphone and ipad

I installed IOS 17 for iPad and was looking forward to viewing my workout and activity levels from my Apple Watch using the new Health app for iPad, similar to how I see them on my iPhone 14.

What’s not happening is any syncing or sharing of Health data from my iPhone and Apple Watch with my iPad.

I’m sure that I opted to sync data the first time I opened the iPad Health app. All the devices back up to same account on iCloud, but that hasn’t solved it.

Does anyone know the solution?

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 5:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 1:15 PM

Greetings Mbbee,

We understand that your Health data is not syncing across your devices, as expected. We suggest that you complete the following steps:

"If you sign in with your Apple ID, your health and fitness information in the Health app is stored automatically in iCloud. Your information is encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device and while it’s stored in iCloud.

In addition to using iCloud, or if you aren’t using iCloud, you can back up your Health data by encrypting a computer backup. See Back up iPhone.

Note: In order for your Health app data to sync across devices, make sure your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID, are connected to the internet, and are updated to the latest OS version.

Manage your Health data in iCloud

You can make sure your Health data is synced across all of your devices. You can also stop storing your data at any time.

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Show All, tap Health, then turn Sync with iPhone on or off."

You can find more details here: Back up your Health data in iCloud on iPhone

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reach out to Apple directly. they will be able to look further into this with you:

Get Support

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2023 1:15 PM in response to mbbee

Greetings Mbbee,

We understand that your Health data is not syncing across your devices, as expected. We suggest that you complete the following steps:

"If you sign in with your Apple ID, your health and fitness information in the Health app is stored automatically in iCloud. Your information is encrypted as it goes between iCloud and your device and while it’s stored in iCloud.

In addition to using iCloud, or if you aren’t using iCloud, you can back up your Health data by encrypting a computer backup. See Back up iPhone.

Note: In order for your Health app data to sync across devices, make sure your devices are signed in with the same Apple ID, are connected to the internet, and are updated to the latest OS version.

Manage your Health data in iCloud

You can make sure your Health data is synced across all of your devices. You can also stop storing your data at any time.

1. Go to Settings  > [your name] > iCloud.
  2. Tap Show All, tap Health, then turn Sync with iPhone on or off."

You can find more details here: Back up your Health data in iCloud on iPhone

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reach out to Apple directly. they will be able to look further into this with you:

Get Support

Take care.

Health app not syncing between iphone and ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.