Why is my Apple AirPlay not working after the latest update? How do I fix the issue?

Since the latest update, I cannot airplay on my appletv from my IPad.

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2023 2:42 PM

I have an iPhone 13Pro. AirPlay stopped working from the phone with the last IOS update. My AirPlay network works fine with other devices. Just not my iPhone. I can’t be the only one! HELP.

38 replies

Dec 1, 2023 3:06 PM in response to zepap

unfortunately it does not fix the issue that itunes wont connect to the apple tv os 17 update - no streaming from itunes using win10

Yes I have the same issue with losing airplay after OS 17 apple TV update.

Spent over an hour with Apple support with no resolution.

I had three Apple TV's that I can stream music from my PC to several rooms in the house at once.

It is very disappointing for Apple to take away something that was very important to me.

Mar 8, 2024 11:52 PM in response to Dennis-Sparkey

I have spent a lot of money trying to correct this issue. I use AirPlay on a third party device not an (Apple Product ) such as Apple TV.But AirPlay mirror screen fails to connect after last update. Never had any issues before sent away 3 devices to be checked and tested. To find out that issue is Apple update 17.3.1. ITo be certain I used my ipad on same device which has not been updated and it worked. Apple Support need to FIX this ASAP. Or I will not buy an Apple product again. This is not fair to customers.

Apple support suggest I go to photos to AirPlay ( THIS SUGGESTION DOES NOT FIX MY ISSUE ) or cover the cost of the money & time spent trying to resolve this issue

Jan 16, 2024 6:50 PM in response to USAFlyer

Just got off phone with Apple support. Went through all the hoops of resetting / restarting devices, etc. Finally they chalked it up to an issue in the software. To fix, they had me connect to my macbook pro and do a full restore of ios17.2.1. Not sure if a factory reset would fix things, they mentioned the macbook downloads the latest ios for iphone and then restores the phone with that.

Jan 29, 2024 7:57 PM in response to EAV2024

Yeah, I've now found that it's hit or miss. It didn't correct the issue for good. If it doesn't work, unplug the HomePod or Apple TV, reboot and then reset network connection again. Sometimes it takes me 2 or 3 times but then it will pair. Seems to stop working after I disconnect. Such a pain, hope they actually acknowledge it.

I'm beginning to wonder if my router has something to do with it. I'm using Charter Spectrum provided equipment.

Why is my Apple AirPlay not working after the latest update? How do I fix the issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.