📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Learn about all the features, apps, and settings of your iPhone

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back button adding to calculator

Does anyone know if there’s a way you can “undo” one step on the calculator app? I keep having to re-write the whole sum again and it’s most frustrating! I

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 4:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 3:10 AM

Thanks for your response. I was thinking more along the lines of “undo” as in - undoing the previous sum. Say I accidentally pressed + instead of -. If we could just go back a couple of steps we wouldn’t have to re do the whole sum. I would love it if apple added this as a feature.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 17, 2023 3:10 AM in response to Omar_A1

Thanks for your response. I was thinking more along the lines of “undo” as in - undoing the previous sum. Say I accidentally pressed + instead of -. If we could just go back a couple of steps we wouldn’t have to re do the whole sum. I would love it if apple added this as a feature.

Oct 11, 2023 7:09 AM in response to JacobN291

Hello JacobN291,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

You can delete the last digit using these steps:

"Copy, delete, or clear numbers

• Copy a calculation result: Touch and hold the calculation result in the display, tap Copy, then paste the result somewhere else, such as a note or message.
  • Delete the last digit: If you make a mistake when you enter a number, swipe left or right on the display at the top.
  • Clear the display: Tap the Clear (C) key to delete the last entry, or tap the All Clear (AC) key to delete all entries."

Additional details can be found here: Use Calculator on iPhone

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers!

Back button adding to calculator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.