Apple Music stopped working after 10.0.1 for Se2 watch. Also Battery Drains.

I've waited for awhile before I posted this because I've seen posts that say Apple usually fixes the batter issues very soon after an update or that it will resolve itself. I've lost count how many times I've had to reboot my watch. Siri will randomly stop working. Apple music is completely broken. It won't even play downloaded music anymore. I used to charge my watch once and it would be at 60 percent after 24 hours. Now I have to charge it twice a day.

I'm not sure what they did in that update but my watch was flawless before the update. Now, if it wasn't for the fitness app, I would seriously be considering getting a different smart watch.

Anyone else having the same issues and have a fix for it?

Apple Watch SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 2:20 PM

Hello Surmised37,

Seeing that these features in Apple Music work on other Apple devices you own does help a lot. That lets us know that the issue is device specific. That being said, you may want to try to unpair and erase the Apple Watch, and then set it up again. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, it will remove Activation Lock from your Apple Watch as well as erasing all its content and settings. You can unpair the Apple Watch by following the steps on this page: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Once those steps have been completed, you can follow these steps to set up the Apple Watch again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

If you have unpaired and reset the Apple Watch and still have this issue with Apple Music, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Get Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 2:20 PM in response to Surmised37

Hello Surmised37,

Seeing that these features in Apple Music work on other Apple devices you own does help a lot. That lets us know that the issue is device specific. That being said, you may want to try to unpair and erase the Apple Watch, and then set it up again. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone creates a new backup of your Apple Watch. When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, it will remove Activation Lock from your Apple Watch as well as erasing all its content and settings. You can unpair the Apple Watch by following the steps on this page: Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

Once those steps have been completed, you can follow these steps to set up the Apple Watch again: Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support.

If you have unpaired and reset the Apple Watch and still have this issue with Apple Music, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Get Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Kind regards!

Oct 11, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Surmised37

Hey there Surmised37,

You've tried a lot of great steps for the issue you described, and we'd like to help by ruling out some other possible causes, along with learning more:

1. When did these issues start, and what exactly occurs with Siri when it 'stops working'? The more details you provide, the better we'll understand what you meant.
  2. Are we correct in understanding that the issue with downloaded music is with music downloaded from Apple Music?
  3. Since you mentioned already restarting your watch, sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart: Restart your iPhone If you've already tried a restart of your iPhone, and if you have a compatible model, the latest version is iOS 17.0.3. You can verify this within Settings > General > About. In case you needed it, this link shows how to first back up, then update: Update your iPhone or iPad

Cheers!

Oct 11, 2023 2:03 PM in response to bruno75

The issue started as soon as I updated my watch. I updated my phone, ipad, and watch all on the same day. They are all updated with the latest releases. Siri has since started working again. The previous issue with siri was, I would ask for a command like, Siri start a timer for 4 minutes. Siri would record on the screen what I said, the circle on the watch would spin for 5 seconds and then Siri would say, sorry I didn't get that.

The downloaded music was for Apple Music. Today. Downloaded music on my watch started working. However, Radio on Apple music will not work. It just displays a spinning circle. Also, search function on apple music does the same thing on my apple watch. Downloaded music will work, but it takes 15 seconds to start playing after you click play.

This is all for my watch. Apple music works fine on my other devices.

Apple music worked fine on my watch before the most recent update. 10.0.1

thank you

Apple Music stopped working after 10.0.1 for Se2 watch. Also Battery Drains.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.