Notification silenced on iphone

All of a sudden, when folks are texting me, they’re getting a message that my notifications are silenced. I have not done this. I’ve tried checking my volume turning Focus off nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:18 PM

Hello Suzanne698,

First double-check and see if your device is fully updated which ensures it's using the latest fixes/improvements available: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Then check to ensure the following setting is enabled: Settings > Privacy & Security > Focus > Messages. If it is already on turn it off for Messages here, wait 10 seconds, and then re-enable it.

If it persists enable 'Share Across Devices' at Settings > Focus. Then enable one of the default Focus states, like Do Not Disturb as an example. Wait a few seconds before turning the Focus off. You may then try checking with your contacts to see if they're still noticing it appearing. If so, try repeating the same steps with your other device (Mac/Apple Watch/iOS).

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 12:18 PM in response to Suzanne698

Hello Suzanne698,

First double-check and see if your device is fully updated which ensures it's using the latest fixes/improvements available: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

Then check to ensure the following setting is enabled: Settings > Privacy & Security > Focus > Messages. If it is already on turn it off for Messages here, wait 10 seconds, and then re-enable it.

If it persists enable 'Share Across Devices' at Settings > Focus. Then enable one of the default Focus states, like Do Not Disturb as an example. Wait a few seconds before turning the Focus off. You may then try checking with your contacts to see if they're still noticing it appearing. If so, try repeating the same steps with your other device (Mac/Apple Watch/iOS).

Cheers.

Notification silenced on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.