You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Charger symbol with red lightning bolt displayed on Apple watch

I plugged in my Apple Watch S7 (running watchOS 10) after not using it for a couple weeks. However, it’s displaying this symbol and not fully powering on, even after being plugged in for over an hour. Does it mean there’s something wrong with my charger?

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 10

Posted on Oct 10, 2023 8:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:43 PM

Hello DrYeet,

We would like to see how we can help you with your Apple Watch. Here are the steps Apple reccomends if your Watch will not charge or power on: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

Cheers!

7 replies

Aug 6, 2024 11:57 AM in response to 木兰

Hello! This recently happened to me as well. What solved it for me was plugging the magsafe charger with the watch into my MacBook overnight and charge it that way. I think using a brick works too, I originally went with the MacBook so that the charge could be more gradual due to the lower amperage of the port compared to a brick. That ultimately brought the watch back to life. I’m assuming that the battery was just really dead to the point it couldn’t even display the time, hence it likely needed an extra while to charge lol.

Charger symbol with red lightning bolt displayed on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.