Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Using iPhone as a remote in keynote

Allow remote control option does not appear to be present in newest version of Keynote. It is not where it has been before on either my iPad or iPhone. Does anyone have a solution?

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 7:25 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2024 6:29 PM in response to GoBoater

The problem is that a step was left off. When you open the Keynote presentation and link the remote for the first time, you first have to tap the edit button in the upper right corner. This brings up the correct 'more' (three dot) button and the 'Allow Remote Control' is then in that list. I have added the instruction to the list below. I hope this helps!

Link Keynote Remote to another iPhone or iPad

You can play your presentation on iPhone or iPad and remotely control it with another.

1. Turn on Wi-Fi on both devices.
  2. Open your Keynote presentation on the device with the presentation.
  3. {Tap the edit button in the upper right corner}. Then tap the More button that shows up in the toolbar, tap Allow Remote Control, then turn on Enable Remotes.
  4. On the device that you want to use as a remote, open the Keynote app.
  5. Tap the Keynote Remote button in the toolbar. If you don't see the Keynote Remote button, tap the Back button, then tap the Keynote Remote button.
  6. On your iPhone or iPad, tap Continue.
  7. On the presentation device, tap Link next to the remote device.
  8. Make sure that the four-digit passcode that appears matches on your devices, then click Confirm.

After you link your devices, learn how to use Keynote Remote.

Using iPhone as a remote in keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.