Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How to remove previous user's information from a Mac

I purchased an IMac from a previous owner and would like to remove his passwords and credit cards and other information from the computer and remove him as an admin. He is deceased and can't help with this.

[Edited by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 1:13 PM

Thecowboyway wrote:

I purchased an IMac from a previous owner and would like to remove his passwords and credit cards and other information from the computer and remove him as an admin. He is deceased and can't help with this.

there is no way for you to remove that information if that person is deceased. Return the device and get your money back.

If you were a family member of the deceased you can do this How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 1:13 PM in response to Thecowboyway

Thecowboyway wrote:

there is no way for you to remove that information if that person is deceased. Return the device and get your money back.

If you were a family member of the deceased you can do this How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

How to remove previous user's information from a Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.