You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to remove the Beta toggle from Software Updates in Settings app?

I owned an iPhone 13 PRO MAX and enrolled it in the developer BETA program for IOS17. 

After the official update, I unenrolled from the program and bought the new iPhone 15 PRO MAX. 

After I configured my phone, I noticed that I still have the Beta update option on the Sofware update section from General Settings. 

I don’t want to see that Beta update option there anymore. 

It is very annoying

I keep writting to Apple Support but they keep telling me to contact other line of support and so on.

This Beta update option is stuck on my ID and is not related to the phone.

Do you have any idea on how to eliminate this option?

iPhone 15 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:37 PM

Already did that.

It only removed the Public Beta updates option.

The Developer Beta update is hanging on.

19 replies

Feb 7, 2024 7:13 AM in response to deangelo2000

None of those options work I've tried doing them umpteen times. When you enrol, your Apple ID is inextricably linked to the Developer Program.

You can factory reset your device until the cows come home, buy new ones, but as soon as you sign in on your Apple ID the Beta Updates MENU under Settings > General > Software Update reappears. Changing your Apple ID email address makes no difference, so don't bother trying that if Apple Support suggest it.

Until the powers to be find a way to DELETE the Beta Profile associated with your Apple ID, you are stuck with it, albeit the Beta Menus can be set to OFF.

Oct 11, 2023 9:21 PM in response to maruba

maruba Said:

"Is there a way to remove the Beta toggle from Software Updates in Settings app?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Report back if this helps...

Try Unenrolling the Device:

1. Go Here: Apple Beta — Unenroll Your Devices - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: How do I leave the Apple Beta Software Program?
  3. As it Reads: "To leave the Apple Beta Software Program, you must first sign in, then click the Leave Program link. If you leave, you will stop receiving emails about the Apple Beta Software Program and will no longer be able to submit feedback with Feedback Assistant."

Nov 28, 2023 10:31 AM in response to maruba

I have this issue too, basically when you enrol your Apple ID is inextricably linked to the Developer Program. It's rather like the line in the song Hotel California by The Eagles, "We are programmed to receive. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!".

You can factory reset your device until the cows come home, buy new ones, but as soon as you sign in on your Apple ID the Beta Updates MENU under Settings > General > Software Update reappears. Changing your Apple ID email address makes no difference, so don't bother trying that if Apple Support suggest it.

Until the powers to be find a way to DELETE the Beta Profile associated with your Apple ID, you are stuck with it, albeit the Beta Menus can be set to OFF.

Jan 6, 2024 3:46 AM in response to maruba

I ended up accidentally gritting it on my iPhone 14. And I also still have it on my phone even after I was unenrolled etc. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s just better to take it to the Apple Store and just get them to see if having a different phone 14 would make a difference or not. But I’m worried that I’m going to waste my time and find out it doesn’t.

Oct 11, 2023 1:00 PM in response to KaeBFly

Hmmm. Perhaps I'm incorrect. But, I had it on my iPhone 11 Pro, it's now on my iPhone 15 Pro. It's on my iPad Pro (recent, don't remember exactly which one) and my MBA. And my Watch (in the Watch app). Every one of them is set to "Off". I haven't downloaded beta software since the beta for OS X or something about twenty years ago.

It doesn't seem to do any harm so I'd never worried much about it.

Is there a way to remove the Beta toggle from Software Updates in Settings app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.