Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How can I select all [emails] after a search is returned yielding 100s of results?

I cannot fathom why I cannot search for a particular email, subject, sender, keyword, and once the results return (for

most of us trying to clean up

our inbox, this means hundreds maybe thousands of

emails, from a spammer, or a stalker ex, whatever) select all to

trash or archive. This is a HUGE oversight for iCloud email, especially given we are not allotted unlimited space for iCloud email for free, and likely won’t spend hours and hours sliding each email to be deleted. This needs fixing. If anyone has a work around please let me know, although I’ve searched all over and it doesn’t sound like there is.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:46 PM

Hello I think that you have two options depending on the device:

• On iPhone once you've done your search you can tap on 'Edit' and keeping one finger on the checkboxes you start to slide down and with the other you scroll till the end. Maybe you'll have to do it multiple times if you have many emails but is pretty fast.
  • Otherwise if you have access to a mac you can search and tap on `command + A` to select all emails in the results.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 4:46 PM in response to hillary185

Hello I think that you have two options depending on the device:

• On iPhone once you've done your search you can tap on 'Edit' and keeping one finger on the checkboxes you start to slide down and with the other you scroll till the end. Maybe you'll have to do it multiple times if you have many emails but is pretty fast.
  • Otherwise if you have access to a mac you can search and tap on `command + A` to select all emails in the results.

Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM in response to hillary185

On the phone you can do the search, click edit and then slide your finger up or down the list where the circles are to make the check marks appear…slide the page up (or down) and continue to repeat the process until all that you want are selected. Click trash.

Or log into the email account on a computer which may make the process faster. Depending on the email provider you can sometimes search for the ones you want and then select Delete All or Select All then delete

How can I select all [emails] after a search is returned yielding 100s of results?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.