MX 980 compatibility

When i updated my appletv the MX 980 remote stopped working only when it needs to select an app

it reads “edit Home Screen” instead of selecting the app. If i use the appletv remote to select the app i can then switch back to the MX 980 . The learn this remote also doesn’t allow me to complete

can anyone help me?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 5:23 AM

Apple has these resources about using a universal remote with Apple TV:

Use other remotes to control Apple TV - Apple Support

If you can't control your Apple TV with your home theater or universal remote - Apple Support

Beyond that, you may have to find other users of this model remote for details on how they have set it up. Not sure if such users are here among the regular visitors.

“Edit the Home Screen” should be a status for long pressing the select button, not for single short pressing a button. Please account for that difference in setting it up (if applicable), and using it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 5:23 AM in response to dulcydbader

Apple has these resources about using a universal remote with Apple TV:

Use other remotes to control Apple TV - Apple Support

If you can't control your Apple TV with your home theater or universal remote - Apple Support

Beyond that, you may have to find other users of this model remote for details on how they have set it up. Not sure if such users are here among the regular visitors.

“Edit the Home Screen” should be a status for long pressing the select button, not for single short pressing a button. Please account for that difference in setting it up (if applicable), and using it.

MX 980 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.