Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

how can I set up Home Sharing to share media from my mac to my devices and icloud.

I am having trouble not all my music from my library on my Mac shows up on my iPhone. I know that device sharing is on but I can't seem to get my music library from my Mac to show up in my iCloud so I can play them on my phone. What am I doing wrong? I think I am doing iCloud all wrong. I can do the photos just fine but cannot find my Music, or put it up there so it will play.

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 9:36 AM

Home Sharing allows a library on a computer to be viewed and played by other computers or devices signed into the same Apple ID and on the same local network. To properly copy your music to your iPhone so it can be played anywhere see Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support or see Use Sync Library with your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support if you'd like the content to be able to sync via the cloud.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 9:36 AM in response to cheeky-monkey

Home Sharing allows a library on a computer to be viewed and played by other computers or devices signed into the same Apple ID and on the same local network. To properly copy your music to your iPhone so it can be played anywhere see Sync music between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support or see Use Sync Library with your Apple Music subscription - Apple Support if you'd like the content to be able to sync via the cloud.

tt2

how can I set up Home Sharing to share media from my mac to my devices and icloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.