terms and conditions

I am new to Apple TV so when I sign in it takes me to terms and conditions page. Unlike previous posts, it does give me the option to agree. I click on it but it never accepts it, it just keeps returning to the same screen. I have signed in and out about 5 times, I have agreed but just keeps returning to same page.

QAQ7D,

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 5:07 AM

It seems you have the Apple TV app on a Samsung smart TV.

To sign in to this app, you will need an Apple ID account that is ‘activated’ for purchases and subscriptions. Please verify that your account is complete for personal data, including name, DoB, country (state), a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid pre-authorized payment method.

Please review this page for steps that you may have missed or skipped. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support. If needed, visit appleid.apple.com and make edits or additions as needed.

Try resetting the Apple TV app, then sign in again. Reset the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If you still get the misbehavior on the smart TV after that, then consider these troubleshooting steps from Samsung Support: What to do if an app is not working on Samsung TV - Samsung Support

1. Cold reboot the TV,
  2. Update the TV system software, if available,
  3. Delete and reinstall the misbehaving app (if deletion is supported for that app),
  4. Reset the ‘Smart Hub’ (like a factory reset for the apps part of the TV).

If you need further assistance after that, please contact Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 5:07 AM in response to Renee2614

It seems you have the Apple TV app on a Samsung smart TV.

To sign in to this app, you will need an Apple ID account that is ‘activated’ for purchases and subscriptions. Please verify that your account is complete for personal data, including name, DoB, country (state), a verified email address (respond to test message), and a valid pre-authorized payment method.

Please review this page for steps that you may have missed or skipped. How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support. If needed, visit appleid.apple.com and make edits or additions as needed.

Try resetting the Apple TV app, then sign in again. Reset the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If you still get the misbehavior on the smart TV after that, then consider these troubleshooting steps from Samsung Support: What to do if an app is not working on Samsung TV - Samsung Support

1. Cold reboot the TV,
  2. Update the TV system software, if available,
  3. Delete and reinstall the misbehaving app (if deletion is supported for that app),
  4. Reset the ‘Smart Hub’ (like a factory reset for the apps part of the TV).

If you need further assistance after that, please contact Apple Support.

terms and conditions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.