Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

New Iphone 15 pro Issue with setting up Google email

When I go to settings>mail>add account nothing happens when I click on google. If I click on yahoo or aol something will pop up for less than a second and then disappear. Something stays up for outlook when I click on it. Unfortunately I need google and nothing even pops up when I click on it.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 9:09 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2023 11:14 AM in response to piller99

Hello piller99,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. If you haven't tried yet, we recommend for you to restart your iPhone. This is a step that can help resolve unexpected behavior. Once your iPhone has been restarted, please check and see if you can set up your Gmail account. If needed, here's how to properly restart an iPhone:

How to restart your iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, or later
1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
The volume button is located on the left side of the device, and the side button is located on the right
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.

3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

Following these steps may help and is outlined in this article: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

Kind regards.

New Iphone 15 pro Issue with setting up Google email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.