"Activation Lock is requesting your password..." on a device that was stolen over a year ago.

I had my iPad Pro stolen about a year ago, so I check in on 'Find My' every once in a while just in case a miracle happens. I recently received an email from <noreply@email.apple.com> saying "For your security, Activation Lock requires your Apple ID and password, or your device passcode, before anyone can reactivate and use your device."

Does this mean there is a chance to find it? I checked 'Find My' first in case it was a fake email and the iPad Pro still has no location found.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 2:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 4:01 PM

Keep checking Find My. Your iPad may have been reset and even though it will be of no use to the person who may have it, there was apparently an internet connection made that tried to verify the status and Find My may update its location. Do not reply to any emails or messages that may try to get you to provide your credentials.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2023 4:01 PM in response to MallyTheCBass

Keep checking Find My. Your iPad may have been reset and even though it will be of no use to the person who may have it, there was apparently an internet connection made that tried to verify the status and Find My may update its location. Do not reply to any emails or messages that may try to get you to provide your credentials.

"Activation Lock is requesting your password..." on a device that was stolen over a year ago.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.