Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Face ID not working

Why’s my Face ID not working

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 3:46 PM

5 replies

Oct 12, 2023 3:47 PM in response to adewumi130

If Face ID isn't working for you, there is most likely something wrong with your TrueDepth camera. First, look at these two articles for help. If that doesn't fix the issue, then make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have your camera issue diagnosed.

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support (AZ)

Make an appointment at the Genius Bar to have it diagnosed.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Dec 13, 2023 12:59 AM in response to adewumi130

Updating to 17.2 was when mine stopped working.

Ive tried every step suggested, called Apple support for an hour and diagnostics showed no hardware or software issue.

i read one post that said going back to the previous software would fix it but Apple Support said they wouldn’t assist me to do this.

its a real pain in the you know what.

They suggested I go to an Apple Store but I’m disabled so that’s not possible atm.

Apple call it an upgrade.

From now on I won’t be uploading any new upgrades until I read about potential issues like this.

i can only imagine how many millions of people world wide are experiencing the same thing.

Perhaps it’s a way to get me to buy a new phone???

my rant, my problem.

👎

Why is my Face ID not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.