Why can’t I buy anything on the App Store? I have a working credit card connected and a 60 dollar balance on my Apple account but every time I get a message saying this purchase cannot be completed, please help

For the past 2 days I’ve been trying to purchase on a game app and despite it allowing me to do it at first now it’s not, I’ve done everything I read online and forums, from updating the phone, to adding other credit cards, to logging out my account and restarting my phone, all this while I have a 60 dollar balance on my Apple account from a gift card and I can’t use it. Please help

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 5:33 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2023 12:22 AM in response to Deathgun47

I have a working credit card connected and a 60 dollar balance on my Apple account 

If you have enough money in your Apple Account balance, all you have to do is -> you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

See -> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

and ⤵️

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

Why can’t I buy anything on the App Store? I have a working credit card connected and a 60 dollar balance on my Apple account but every time I get a message saying this purchase cannot be completed, please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.