You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my photos from my iPad 7th generation to my laptop Toshiba cause my iPad storage is full ,I can’t update it to newer version?

Get more storage so I can upgrade my iPad I want to turn off I cloud photos

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 2:19 AM

To synchronise or transfer files directly between iPad and a Windows PC, you will need to install the most recent version of iTunes for Windows:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If your iPad isn’t recognised when connected, try using a different USB port. Otherwise, this support page should help with troubleshooting connection difficulties:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you simply wish to exchange files and photos with the iPad from the Windows PC, you might instead consider using iCloud for Windows. When signed-in with the same AppleID, you can simply use iCloud to exchange or synchronise files:

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

You might also consider copying/moving files using USB storage. For an iPad with a Lightning connector, you’ll require an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

To provide sufficient power for the USB drive, you’ll need to connect a Power Adapter (charger) rated at least 12W to the auxiliary Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. The iPad, on its own, except for very low power devices, cannot supply adequate power for connected USB storage devices. The Power Adapter supplied with your iPad, with the appropriate cable, is likely to be adequate.

For an iPad with a USB-C connector, you’ll need to connect your iPad and the USB Flash Drive to a powered USB hub.

In all cases, your USB storage must have a single data partition - and be formatted as FAT32, exFAT or APFS. iPad cannot read multi-partition devices, or proprietary device formats (such as NTFS).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2023 2:19 AM in response to Sherital

To synchronise or transfer files directly between iPad and a Windows PC, you will need to install the most recent version of iTunes for Windows:

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

If your iPad isn’t recognised when connected, try using a different USB port. Otherwise, this support page should help with troubleshooting connection difficulties:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you simply wish to exchange files and photos with the iPad from the Windows PC, you might instead consider using iCloud for Windows. When signed-in with the same AppleID, you can simply use iCloud to exchange or synchronise files:

iCloud for Windows

Download iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud for Windows – Apple Support

You can install and use both on the PC. They will happily coexist - and provide considerable flexibility in how you move/share/transfer photos and other documents and data between iPad, iPhone and your PC.

You might also consider copying/moving files using USB storage. For an iPad with a Lightning connector, you’ll require an Apple Lightning to USB3 Camera Adapter:

https://store.apple.com/uk/xc/product/MK0W2ZM/A

To provide sufficient power for the USB drive, you’ll need to connect a Power Adapter (charger) rated at least 12W to the auxiliary Lightning port of the Camera Adapter. The iPad, on its own, except for very low power devices, cannot supply adequate power for connected USB storage devices. The Power Adapter supplied with your iPad, with the appropriate cable, is likely to be adequate.

For an iPad with a USB-C connector, you’ll need to connect your iPad and the USB Flash Drive to a powered USB hub.

In all cases, your USB storage must have a single data partition - and be formatted as FAT32, exFAT or APFS. iPad cannot read multi-partition devices, or proprietary device formats (such as NTFS).

How do I get my photos from my iPad 7th generation to my laptop Toshiba cause my iPad storage is full ,I can’t update it to newer version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.