Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Whatsapp microphone not working

I don’t know if anyone facing this issue but whenever I record a voice notes on my whatsapp it is mute and when I am trying to listen it say “the audio is no longer available “ even though all my setting for microphone is on and also the whatsapp is updated as well and the storage is also available but I don’t know where is the issue. Tried everything still not working whereas my other Whatsapp business is working properly but with this I don’t know what is happening

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2023 3:58 PM

Reinstalling didn’t help in my case. Same issue has occurred to me. Mic in whatsapp only doesn’t work. Other apps are fine.

15 replies

Feb 26, 2024 3:18 AM in response to Jujunwa

I discovered I had restrictions set, unknowingly. Go to settings, type “restrictions” in search, “content and restrictions” will come up, turn off/on the toggle, this will reset the restrictions. If you need to do additonal check, go to “microphone” select “allow changes”. When you go back to WhatsApp try using microphone and it should ask if you want to allow access, press “allow”.

Whatsapp microphone not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.