“Your data is ready to be moved to new iPhone. This iCloud backup will be deleted in 7 days” message on my iPhone

There is a notification under settings that says “Your data is ready to be moved to new iPhone. This iCloud backup will be deleted in 7 days”. I have plenty of room left in my iCloud, so it isn’t a storage issue. I did not get a new iPhone. There are no unknown devices listed under my Apple ID. And I have been chatting with a representative from Apple that seems completely clueless and not reading what I am typing.

I am hoping someone can help answer some questions:

1) What can cause this? I am told this is only to pop up if you buy a new phone. Has someone hacked my account?

2) is my stuff going to be deleted off of my phone?

thanks in advance!

-DC

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 12, 2023 10:17 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Oct 12, 2023 11:09 PM in response to D_Cash

D_Cash Said:

"There is a notification under settings that says 'Your data is ready to be moved to new iPhone. This iCloud backup will be deleted in 7 days'. I have plenty of room left in my iCloud, so it isn’t a storage issue. I did not get a new iPhone. There are no unknown devices listed under my Apple ID.[...]"

-------

Download All of iCloud Drive Prior:

To avoid losing your data, download all of iCloud to an external source. Use my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

“Your data is ready to be moved to new iPhone. This iCloud backup will be deleted in 7 days” message on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.