Macbook pro is locked with a pin

I am looking at a friends Macbook Pro that is currently locked with a pin however when she goes into find my there is no option to request the unlock pin as she remotely wiped it.

Have also tried removing it from find my but it wont let her

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 2:28 AM

I understand that Mac was remotely erased through Erase a device in Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support, but it was subsequently found and the erase request is no longer pending. If that's the case that Mac's content has definitely been erased. Now that it has been found, obviously she wants to use it, but she can no longer remember the passcode she used to lock it.

Please describe what happens when she tries.

If you find a previously lost Mac that was remotely erased, the only way to recover its use is to erase it (yes, again) and then remove it from Find My. Refer to Turn off Activation Lock on a device in Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support: Step 2.

From what you describe Step 1 might no longer apply.

She will need to activate it again: Step 3.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2023 2:28 AM in response to tomsgts

I understand that Mac was remotely erased through Erase a device in Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support, but it was subsequently found and the erase request is no longer pending. If that's the case that Mac's content has definitely been erased. Now that it has been found, obviously she wants to use it, but she can no longer remember the passcode she used to lock it.

Please describe what happens when she tries.

If you find a previously lost Mac that was remotely erased, the only way to recover its use is to erase it (yes, again) and then remove it from Find My. Refer to Turn off Activation Lock on a device in Remove a device from Find Devices on iCloud.com - Apple Support: Step 2.

From what you describe Step 1 might no longer apply.

She will need to activate it again: Step 3.

Macbook pro is locked with a pin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.