Ipad volume increases to max by self

I recently received a refurbished ipad mini 5. The volume continually goes up to maximum while I’m using it. I turned off bluetooth and Sound Check as suggested, but it did not help. I’ve also done a hard restart. I have the latest update installed as well, but since I updated when I received the ipad, I don’t know if the update caused the issue.

iPad mini (5th generation)

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 9:52 AM

6 replies

Oct 14, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Dig-ger

Hello Dig-ger,

You've done some great troubleshooting steps so far. When you received the iPad, did you set it up as new from the 'Hello' screen?

Does the volume increase unexpectedly when using a specific app? If so, which one? Check for any pending updates: How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

Any additional details that you can provide will help us suggest further steps.

Take care.

Oct 14, 2023 12:38 PM in response to bbesspete

Yes I set my ipad up from the Hello screen and did all the updates. I manually check for app updates at least once a day. As far as I can tell it doesn’t seem to matter which app I’m using when it happens. It has happened in facebook, kindle and reading apple news articles.

Sometimes I see a small box open at the top of the screen showing the volume level at full, but not always. The box stays there for a couple of seconds and then goes away and then comes back a couple of times.

Ipad volume increases to max by self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.