« Home hub required » after upgrading Home.

Hi, I have a Hue bridge connected to few lights around my house and wasn’t using any home hubs (even tho I could on my iPad)

Since I’ve upgraded to the new Home architecture I just got more issues from there.. I couldn’t control anything from my MacBook (running Big Sur) and also couldn’t share the control of the home.

I was told to have a home hub so I tried to configure my iPad as is. But there wasn’t an option to do so…

I’ve tried to delete the home and create it from the MacBook running Big Sur but it wouldn’t sync with any device running iOS/iPadOS 17 neither WatchOS 10.

Now when I tried to reconfigure the Bridge for the home app I got a message telling me I need a home hub. But I couldn’t configure my iPad to be one.

Now I can’t control light from my Home app neither from the control center. Please help!

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 9:42 AM

See Upgrade to the new Home architecture - Apple Support. If your home is using the new architecture you won't be able to use an iPad or Apple TV as the home hub. You will need an Apple TV 4 or later or a HomePod.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

May 17, 2024 10:45 AM in response to XERBBaby

Many smart device manufacturers have their own apps that work independently of HomeKit, but they may only work while you are on your local Wi-Fi network. You may find that another manufacturer's device can be fully remote controlled, which could potentially be cheaper than adding a HomePod mini to your network. You could potentially delete your Home then try building a new one from the iPad, but I suspect that isn't going to fly.

tt2

« Home hub required » after upgrading Home.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.