Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Time capsule joining my new wireless network

I have a time capsule that was used as a router, then my internet connection stated crashing often so, I switch to the internet providers router and the problem went away.

So my time capsule is physically connected to the internet provider router, but I would like to have my time capsule to join the new wireless network so I can access the content/data on the Time capsule hard drive without switching networks. What should I do?

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2023 4:53 AM

Since the Time Capsule is connected to your Internet provider using an Ethernet cable, if you log on to the Wi-Fi of your Internet provider's router, in most cases you should be able to access the Time Capsule that way.

What happens if you connect to the Wi-Fi of the ISP router? Can you access the Time Capsule this way?

The indicator light on the front of the Time Capsule......is it solid green, or blinking amber?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2023 4:53 AM in response to Treegr

Since the Time Capsule is connected to your Internet provider using an Ethernet cable, if you log on to the Wi-Fi of your Internet provider's router, in most cases you should be able to access the Time Capsule that way.

What happens if you connect to the Wi-Fi of the ISP router? Can you access the Time Capsule this way?

The indicator light on the front of the Time Capsule......is it solid green, or blinking amber?

Oct 14, 2023 5:17 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob

Yesterday, I checked and the light at the front of the time capsule was blinking amber, then I open the air port utility app and noticed that I needed to update the firmware , after that the light at the time capsule turn on solid green and now the time capsule is visible when I am connected to the new network even when the time capsule still have the old network configured. So you are correct since I am connected directly to the internet provider router I should have access to it, so the issue was the firmware out of date.

Thank you Bob

Time capsule joining my new wireless network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.