Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule won't extend WIFI

I have been using a Fios router and have upgraded it to a newer Fios router. My Time Capsule will not connect to the new WiFi network. I have even reset configurations and set up will not allow me to "Add to an existing network." When I try on my computer, it reverts back to the "Create a new Network" screen. When I do it from my phone, an error occurs and won't set up. How do I get my time capsule on my current network and use it as a WiFi extender?

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2020 5:50 PM

How do I get my time capsule on my current network and use it as a WiFi extender?

First item........Connect the Time Capsule back to your FIOS router using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

Second Item.....Reset the Time Capsule back to default settings and set it up again to create a wireless that uses the same wireless network name, same security and same password as the FIOS router.

If you need step-by-step for this, post back to let us know whether you will be using an iPhone or a Mac to set things up.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2020 5:50 PM in response to MK3ith

How do I get my time capsule on my current network and use it as a WiFi extender?

First item........Connect the Time Capsule back to your FIOS router using a permanent wired Ethernet cable connection.

Second Item.....Reset the Time Capsule back to default settings and set it up again to create a wireless that uses the same wireless network name, same security and same password as the FIOS router.

If you need step-by-step for this, post back to let us know whether you will be using an iPhone or a Mac to set things up.

Apr 28, 2020 6:14 PM in response to MK3ith

NOPE.. Notice the word permanent in Bob's response.

You can move the TC to any area you like.. but it must have ethernet connection back to the main router.

It is possible powerline adapter might work to provide this connection. But it cannot be done with wireless.

Time Capsule won't extend WIFI

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.