Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Information colour at top of iPhone lock screen

Right now, the colour of all the little icons at the top of my lock screen on my iPhone are in white. But, the photo that I have on the lock screen is almost white at the top. So, I would like to change all those little icons to black. But I cannot find out how. Is it possible to do this? (I know that I am able to change the time and date to black, but that’s not what I want to do.)

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2023 8:33 AM

It clearly does not. I have tried with several photos with light colour on the the top. The icons stay white and are unreadable.

4 replies

Oct 15, 2023 5:21 AM in response to young at heart

Hey young at heart,

The icon color would be dependent on the wallpaper, and would typically change to a darker outline when on a light background. You may need to change your background to another option to resolve that.

We'd also suggest checking out this article for your options on customizing the lock screen: Create a custom iPhone Lock Screen - Apple Support

Thanks!

Apr 23, 2024 4:04 AM in response to young at heart

GUYS! I came here obvi for this questions and was disappointed to find there’s no way to change them. HOWEVER I had an idea and IT WORKS! I went to the photo and edited it. I added one thin strip (with the highlighter and a color that coordinated with my date/time) at the top. It looks like a banner at the very top, thin but just enough to be behind where the time and battery icons are

Information colour at top of iPhone lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.